We believe that global warming and the condition of our environment is the most important issue impacting our world currently
Issues we seek to solve:
The earth's temperature has risen between 0.4 and 0.8 °C over the past century and could increase between 1.4 and 5.8 °C by the year 2100.
- China consists of 30% of the world's CO2 emissions; the United States 15%; and the European Union 10%
- Global sea level rose about 17 centimeters (6.7 inches) in the last century, which, is nearly double that of the last century
- Earth has warmed since 1880, and most of the warming occurred in the past 35 years, with 15 of the 16 warmest years on record occurring since 2001
- The oceans have absorbed much of this increased heat, with the top 700 meters of ocean showing warming of 0.302 degrees Fahrenheit since 1969
- The number of record high temperature events in the United States has increased, while the number of record low temperature events has decreased, since 1950